Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Tools to Use at Home
1. Use Surveys to Check on Students’ Feelings.
Feel free to make copies of the following sample surveys for your own use:
2. Use Community Meetings to keep Everyone Connected
Here are some ideas for Virtual Community Meeting Ideas.
3. Be Consistent in the Routine!
Find ways to stick to a weekly schedule based on these recommendations from the Illinois State Board of Education.
4. Create Assignments that Allow Students to Process Emotions
Download a sample lesson plan to help you get started.
5. Offer Opportunities to Connect One on One with Students